Please pay special attention to the changes in the multi-media section. You do not need to bring a laptop for multi-media entries.
Entries will only be accepted between 12 noon and 4pm on March 27, 2013, at the Historic Jonesborough Visitors Center.
2013 OFFICIAL RULES
To pay tribute to individuals, groups, businesses and organizations that significantly contributes to the region's economy through tourism promotion and development.
The Pinnacle Awards Program is organized by the Northeast Tennessee Tourism Association (NETTA) and is open to individuals, businesses, organizations or other entities located in the Tri-Cities Tennessee/ Virginia region. The region is defined as the counties of Carter, Greene, Hancock, Hawkins, Johnson, Sullivan, Unicoi and Washington in Tennessee and Lee, Scott, Washington and Wise counties in Virginia. The program is open to NETTA members and non-members.
All entries must have been produced between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012. Entries should pertain to programs that promote travel to and within Tri-Cities Tennessee/Virginia as opposed to promoting outbound travel.
• Events, festivals, tournaments, concerts, shows, reenactments, etc.
• Exhibits, resource publications, photography, educational programs, trade shows, FAM tours and other initiatives.
• Print – Brochures, magazines, newspaper supplements and print ads.
• Multi-Media – Videos, websites, CD/Rom, music CD.
• Community awareness campaigns, training programs, community pride initiatives and activities, and social media
• An individual who, through non-paid service, significantly impacts the industry through time, expertise, experience, and financial support or community involvement. The nominee must reside in the Tri-Cities Tennessee/Virginia region.
Entry Procedures (4 Easy Steps)
1) Choose the appropriate category for submitting each entry.
2) Complete the entry form, a typed duplication of the entry form, or print off the online version at NETTA.com
3) Include a concise summary of the entry with no more than one double-sided, single-spaced, typewritten page.
4) Present entry with supporting material.
Print materials should be mounted on foam board, art board or project display boards (Dimensions: 48"W x 36"H open, 24"W x 36"H folded), and/or organized in a notebook or binder with up to 10 additional sheets or sheet protector sleeves (front & back). Note: Entry form will not count as one of the 10 pages. Display board must be able to close.
Multi-Media entries must be in the form of DVDs, CD and URL.
• Websites entries must have pages printed and mounted or included in a binder. A URL must be included so judges can view the complete site.
• DVD or YouTube URL must be provided for video entries. Judges reserve the right to scan.
• Music CDs must be accompanied with a CD Player and cued. Judges reserve the right to scan.
• Social media entries must have screen shot of the social media page and the URL to the social media site.
• Entry must include a single or double-sided one-page summary (500 to 800 words) of the individual's contribution to tourism promotion and development. The summary, as well as a photograph of the nominee, should be attached to the entry form.
Entries will be accepted on Wednesday, March 27, 2013 between the hours of 12:00 noon and 4:00pm at the Historic Jonesborough Visitors Center. No exceptions will be made.
All entries are evaluated by impartial judges. Each entry will be graded on a 100-point scale, based on the following criteria:
Entry Presentation - 10 Points
• Design, innovation, and thoroughness of entry presentation and application. Nominations must also adhere to entry procedures and respond to specific criteria outlined in the judging criteria.
Quality - 35 Points
• Quality of design, concept, execution and materials/medium. Creativity in project design, development, implementation, message delivery and originality.
Efficiency - 25 Points
• Effective use of materials, manpower, resources and budget. Describe the purpose and various elements of the program, activity or campaign.
Community or Economic Impact - 30 Points
• Entries are only required to meet one of the following: Community or Economic impact
• Entries must specify which criteria they are addressing Community or Economic Impact in the one page summary.
Community - Impact of the program on the community regarding community pride,
involvement and enhancement. Identify the message that was relayed to governmental officials, other industries, entire communities, educators or other audiences that might have been impacted by the program or campaign. Describe the program/campaign and how it shaped public opinion regarding economic, cultural or social importance of travel and tourism.
Economic- Impact of the program on the community in terms of new business, revenue, exposure, etc. Clearly state the results achieved, such as increased visitor counts, market share, economic impact and ROI; improved reader, viewer and listener impressions; and related data.
Judges may recognize one Pinnacle Award winner as defined in each category per classification. Awards will be presented to entries exhibiting exemplary quality. Or, if no entry is deemed exemplary, judges reserve the right to select no Pinnacle Award winner in a particular category. Judges also have the option to give Merit Awards to entries that were not recognized as Pinnacle Award winners but were worthy of recognition.
First Three Entries NETTA member $25 Each
Non-members $40 Each
Fourth Entry (plus) NETTA member $15 Each
Non-members $30 Each
All entries must be accompanied by appropriate entry fees and submitted as follows:
Northeast Tennessee Tourism Association
P.O. Box 415
Jonesborough, TN 37659
Please make checks payable to: NETTA or Northeast Tennessee Tourism Association.
Questions pertaining to the awards program should be directed to: Northeast Tennessee Tourism Association, 423-913-5553 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Awards will be presented at a luncheon on May 8, 2013 at the MeadowView Marriott Executive Conference Center in Kingsport, TN. Pinnacle Award entries must be picked up following the awards ceremony. NETTA is not responsible for entries not picked up on May 8.
Download the 2013 entry form below.